Due to our ongoing growth and development, we have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee QA Officer to join our busy team.
Reporting to the Factory Technical Supervisor, you will ensure assessment of all raw material arriving across Barfoots sites, against agreed standards before use. You will contribute to the efficiency of the packing operation by effectively communicating quality issues (delivered, processed and packed) across the business. Also ensuring that the quality of packed product meets agreed customer specifications and that Barfoots Quality Management System (QMS), HACCP and Customer Code of Practice are operating effectively.
Full promotion to QA officer can be achieved on successful probation within 6 months.
- Maintain and follow all quality standards and systems instigated by Management and detailed in Company Quality Manual and Barfoots Produce Manager / Greenlight
- Check quality and temperature of all inbound raw material products in a timely manner
- Ensure that timely and accurate feedback is provided to our suppliers, production and procurement teams regarding product quality
- Ensure that Food Safety standards are not compromised
- Adhere strictly to Barfoot’s and Customer specifications. Ensure that any deviation from specification is actioned with Factory Technical and Technical Account Managers consent
- To enforce the non – conforming product procedure and ensure rejected or unacceptable product is clearly identified
- Liaise and influence production and procurement teams concerning suitability and priority use of raw material to ensure specification is not compromised, whilst trying to optimise the product / yield
- Undertake routine instrument checks (probes, scales) and daily Pack house positive release system at the frequency set by QA Manager or Factory Technical Manager
- Undertake Daily Site and Internal Audits (including Glass and Plastic and GMP) when required
- Complete traceability in response to customer complaints / rejections and when requested by other departments
- Retain shelf life samples for each product and monitor as per shelf life procedure
- Ensure all Micro and Pesticide samples are collected in timely manner, according to company procedures
- Participate in customer and supplier visits when necessary
- Cover all positions within QA team roles in absence or when required
- Attention to detail
- Effective and well developed communication skills
- Intermediate English Language skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook)
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Understanding of FMCG or fresh food sector
- Controlling safe working practices
- Understanding of internal and external customer service levels and quality requirements
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Mathematics
- CIEH Level 2 Food Safety
Support and Development
Internal progression is strongly encouraged and Barfoots are committed to assisting with professional development and supporting training opportunities wherever appropriate.
- Investors In People Silver Award status.
- Company pension scheme
- Development opportunities
- Discounted leisure membership
- Discounted vegetable box scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Approved training centre for Highfield qualifications.
- Rapidly growing company
- Committed to Sustainability